Scope and Topics
- Energy resources and sustainable development (integrated energy policy concerning the sustainable development; characteristics of available energy resources used for power generation by thermal /hydro/wind and other Power Plants in the following period; planning, effective consumption, perspectives of fossil fuels and renewable energy sources exploitation for Power Generation);
- Liberalization of electricity market, impact on supply security, energy efficiency and effective operation of Power Plants (development and operation of the deregulated energy market; energy efficiency of processes and equipments used for power generation by thermal /hydro/wind and other Power Plants; research and modeling of processes in steam boilers, turbines and other equipment of thermal /hydro/wind and other Power Plants; combined production of heat and power, reliability and availability of facilities and Power Plants; effective utilization and reduction of fuel consumption; optimization of processes, equipment, facilities and whole Power Plants; economic handling of processes; rationalizations and innovations of the production processes; introduction of system of quality);
- Questions concerning Power Plants life cycle extension and introduction of advanced clean coal and low carbon power generation technologies and equipments (policy and instruments for investment in new facilities; diagnostic of equipment conditions and remaining exploitation period, process diagnostic, planning, realization and analysis of revitalization, improvements of mechanical and electrical equipment);
- Thermal/hydro/wind and other Power Plants exploitation problems (development and application of diagnostic methods and equipment for process monitoring and management; improvement of equipment regarding occurring processes; contemporary production organization, methods and tools for equipment maintenance);
- Environmental and climate aspects of power generation by thermal/hydro/wind and other Power Plants (ecological and climate aspects of renewable energy sources exploitation and combustion of fossil fuels for power generation; methods, technical and technological solutions and equipment for decreasing SOx, NOx, PM, as well CO2 emission and pollution/degradation of air, waterways and soil caused by Power Plants operation; environmental protection practice).